Friday, July 29, 2011

Small Creations: Quick Disguise

One of my favorite things about the city is how easily one can be anonymous.  Put on your hat and sunglasses, deliver yourself to an unfamiliar neighborhood and you may wander around unmolested, undetected, practically invisible. I find it soothing to be surrounded by an indifferent crowd of people...like holding someone's hand while they're sleeping.  Something about my own inner silence, surrounded by the noise of the street is like a lullaby for my soul.


But for those situations which require a more robust disguise, I offer this small creation.  Inspired by the classic children's toy, this simple design allows one to interchange glasses, noses, mustaches and any other accoutrements one might need to remain undetected.  


Whether you choose to cloak yourself in anonymity and sunglasses or a felt mustache, I do recommend breaking up the monotony of being oneself every once in a while.  But don't stay shrouded in mystery for too long...after all, there's no invisible disguise that lasts all day....

No comments:

Post a Comment